Thursday, August 6, 2009

weary warrior

being in a reflective rhythm



Today, at this moment, I am feeling a bit reflective and melancholic. It is my natural inclination to become contemplative and withdrawn when I am worrying. That is just where the rhythm of my life is at at this moment, right now. Last week, the last five weeks, the surreal experience of Steiner College caught me in a whirlwind of spiritual consciousness and pedagogical studies, and I was breathing it everyday for five weeks. A new rhythm is present this week, today. A new dynamic equilibrium must reset. I am home, other elements of my life I must now re-attune myself to. There are practical stuff, logistics, the materiality of life that does not always jive with the soul life. Things I worry about. My dad's health. Car repairs. Meaningful work. The recession. A leaky faucet. Food on the table. Lack of time for everything I want to do. Today, at this moment, it all seems overwhelming. I know I must not dwell in the negative space. The rhythm of life is such that those spaces are present, the trick is not to get stuck in it, to rise from it, to be mindful that the rhythm will flow positively. Be patient. Be courageous. Be at peace. Listen to the angels. I must call to mind whom I venerate (Lolo Victor), and draw strength from his spirit. I must also recite my warrior dad code: Fight for love, Aim for victory, Embrace fear, Accept my destiny. Today, my Spirit Self needs nourishment. Rest. My children. Jennifer. A little blogging. Piano. A cup of coffee. Reverence for the rhythm of my I.

3 comments:

LillyZoo said...

Even the negative can be good work. I enjoy your blog as well as Jennifer's. Thank you

Anonymous said...

I have admired your sprites for a while, but this figure really jumps out with such soul. Thankyou for sharing so much of your journey, I am really enjoying your blog. (And Syrendell's too naturally :-)) Blessings to you as you find your new rythyms.

Anonymous said...

I have admired your sprites for a while, but this figure really jumps out with such soul. Thankyou for sharing so much of your journey, I am really enjoying your blog. (And Syrendell's too naturally :-)) Blessings to you as you find your new rythyms.