Thursday, December 31, 2009

winter blessing

a wish for the new year


I was sitting at the dining table yesterday afternoon, and the winter sun cast a soft glow on our nativity that rested quietly in the middle of the table. The table runner is of hand spun yarn that the family together had woven. Baby Jesus, Mary, and Joseph were felted by Jennifer and the children. The transparency scenes were created by Ricky and Joey. The twig house was made by me a couple of years ago. A family's heart and hands.

While the Christmas items around the house will soon be stored or transformed for other uses, the image of the nativity will remain with me as the new year approaches. The spirit by which it was created continues to live on. The blessing of family bridges the seasons and the years. Our creative striving and our love for each other continue to sustain our souls for all eternity.

My new year blessing to you:

year to year
season to season
morning, noon, and eve
with creative souls
and giving hearts
love does a family weave.


4 comments:

The Magic Onions said...

Lovely, Rick... thanks for blessing.
Blessings and magic to you and your family for a wonderful 2010 too.

Meredith said...

What a beautiful post. Happy New Year.

Jen said...

Beautiful! Such a special moment captured. Thank you for sharing this post. We so love our eco-twig house, as well. There is a living vibe to things created with love from human hands and we can feel it in the twig house you made. Blessings to you and your beautiful family, Rick!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to meet you on your blog. I was looking for something else but I found you, and I really like everything on your blog, it's inspiring. Thank you.

Pascale, Montreal, I was your neigbour for 3 little weeks last summer.